The 16kW Generac 7178 is an automatic home standby generator that continues to power your home electronics and appliances within seconds in the event of a utility power failure. Comes with a 200Amp SE Rated ATS that allows you to power your homes service as required. The dual gas generator protects your home and family during a power outage. It runs efficiently for as long as you like when you hook it to the kitchen gas line for an unlimited supply of fuel. This all-new Guardian Series generator has protective systems that extend its life. Users can install it as close as 18” from a building. It powers air conditioners, furnaces, sump pumps, refrigerators, computers, monitors, TVs, microwaves lights, and so forth. With less than 5% Total Harmonic Distortion it is safe for use with almost all devices and electronics with microchips that we use daily. This includes modern HVACs, laptops, cell phones, and tablets. Whole-house coverage, low emissions, low THD at -5%, low maintenance, weather-resistant aluminum casing, Wi-Fi capabilities, and low cost make this model a number one choice with modern homeowners. Inventive engine design and thorough testing are at the heart of Generac's® success in offering the most dependable generators possible.
Generac Guardian 7178 Features:
- The 16kW Generac 7178 whole house backup generator features the Generac 816cc G-Force 2-cylinder engine. The air-cooled model has a dual fuel carburetion system and runs on liquid propane vapor or pipeline natural gas. The fuel system is configured during installation. The oil tank can store 2.2 quarts of oil.
- G-Flex variable speed technology allows the gas engine to run at various speeds. This helps the engine adjust its speed to the changing load conditions.
- This 16kW 60Hz generator offers whole house protection with the 200-amp, NEMA 3R (aluminum outdoor enclosure) smart switch.
- The engine shuts down in the event of low oil pressure, high temperature, over or under-speed, controller fault, over crank, wiring error, over or under voltage and so forth.
- Generac Guardian Series generators have useful features that include True Power Technology, AVR, WiFi connectivity, removable front, and side panels, Evolution Controller, and weather-resistant, durable all-aluminum enclosure.
- The automatic voltage regulation system provides maximum motor starting capability making it great for cold climates. It regulates voltage and also optimizes response to varying load conditions.
- True Power Technology delivers the finest power quality with less than 5 percent total harmonic distortion. It does not damage sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Generac 7178 is easy to use and maintain with its user-friendly controls. Generac’s Evolution™ Controller has a multilingual LCD that allows users to check battery status and track maintenance intervals in the language of choice.
- Users can check the status of their generator or the weather conditions at home from anywhere in the world, using the FREE Mobile Link™. If there is a faulty condition the control panel alerts the operator using an alarm so it can be fixed promptly.
- The generator is housed in a durable corrosion-resistant aluminum enclosure that has the RhinoCoat™ powder-coated finish making it perfect for all weather conditions.
- Generac 7178 is EPA & CARB compliant, and ETL & UL 2200 certified.
- It is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
These are good machines, east to work on and maintain. More than enough power for houses with all gas appliances and normal required backup of refrigerator /freezer / sump pumps /ac units up to 4 ton.