- Unit approved for stationary standby applications in locations served by a reliable utility source and not compatible for Off-Grid applications.
The 20kW Kohler 20RESC keeps the family safe at home when grid power fails. In only 10 seconds, this Kohler generator restores power to a 5-ton (60,000 BTU) air conditioner, major appliances, and electronics automatically. Users can run the business as usual till grid power is restored. This 50Hz/60 Hz home generator generates 20kW on LPG and 18kW on natural gas. The model is offered in both single-phase and 3-phase. The single-phase system produces a single wave of power while the 3-phase system generates three waves of power, delivered in a sequence to ensure a nonstop flow of power that never drops to zero. Kohler 20RESC has an exceptional peak motor-starting capacity at 41kVA at 240V. It is convenient to switch between natural gas and LPG fuels. Users prefer to connect it to the kitchen gas line for an unlimited supply of fuel, so they can run it for hours at no end during a storm. Kohler residential standby generators are very reliable and run as quietly as an air conditioner. For total peace of mind, the optional OnCue Plus system keeps users connected to the generators while on the go. They can use their smartphones, tablets, laptops, and PCs to check the oil level, runtime, generator temperature, battery status and so forth. Generators made by Kohler, an award-winning company come with the latest features to meet the changing market needs.
Kohler 20RESC 20kW Generator Features:
- This Kohler 20kW home standby generator runs on a reliable Kohler CH1000 4-Cycle, 30.9 HP, V-2 Command PRO® engine with a maximum 3600 RPM. It is designed and tested for tough commercial applications and can stand up to extreme weather. The aluminum cylinder head, steel fuel solenoid valves, and aluminum alloy pistons make the engine more durable.
- The dual fuel generator produces premium power quality that guards all valuable electronics against voltage surges. It is perfect for use with sensitive electronics with microchips such as computers, laptops, cell phones, and tablets.
- The oil tank has a storage capacity of 1.9 liters/2 quarts and has an oil drain extension with a shutoff valve. The pressure oil lubrication system makes it a low maintenance model.
- The RDC2 controller has a 2-line backlit LCD with adjustable contrast. It displays status messages and system settings.
- PowerBoost™ technology helps start large loads such as central air conditioners quickly without cutting power to other appliances that can be very damaging for product life.
- Kohler 20RESC is compatible with optional OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, and Programmable Interface Module (PIM). It is also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) with single-phase generators only.
- The aluminum enclosure is corrosion-proof and impacts tested to -30°F. It is ideal for seaside environments and extreme climates.
- Digital voltage regulation guards all sensitive electronics against harmonic distortion and unsteady power.
- This model can be installed outdoors at home as a standby generator. Due to low emissions it can be installed 18” from the building. The polymer base eliminates the need for a concrete mounting pad thus reducing installation time and cost.
- Kohler 20RESC certifications and listings include cUL, UL 2200, CSA, EPA and GOST (Russia).
- The model is backed by a 5-year/2000 hour premium warranty for on-grid applications.