KEP IS A STANDARD 2-WIRE START ATS
It's the brains behind your generator system. The automatic transfer switch (ATS) continuously monitors the power coming from your utility. When the power goes out, the ATS automatically transfers power from the utility to your generator. When utility power is restored, the ATS turns off your generator and transfers back to power from the utility grid.
Transfer Switch Standard Features Enclosed Contact Power Switching Units
- Service entrance automatic transfer switches incorporate an isolating mechanism and overcurrent protection on the utility supply, eliminating the need to have a separate, upstream utility source circuit breaker/disconnect switch.
- UL 1008 listed, file #58962
- IBC seismic certification available
- Fully enclosed silver alloy contacts provide high withstand rating.
- 3-cycle short circuit current withstand-tested in accordance with UL 1008
- Completely separate utility and generator set power switching units provide redundancy (no common parts) and are easy to service.
- Utility disconnect power switching units have overcurrent protection; generator disconnect is available with or without overcurrent protection:
- Molded case circuit breakers (MCCB) include thermal-magnetic or electronic trip overcurrent protection (80% rated).
- Molded case switches (MCSW) do not include overcurrent protection (100% rated) (available on generator disconnect only).
- Insulated case circuit breakers (ICCB) include electronic trip overcurrent protection (100% rated).
- Insulated case switches (ICSW) do not include overcurrent protection (100% rated) (available on generator disconnect only).
- Inherent stored-energy design prevents damage if manually switched while in service.
- Heavy duty brushless gear motor and operating mechanism provide mechanical interlocking and extreme long life with minimal maintenance.
- Safe manual operation permits easy operation even under adverse conditions.
- All mechanical and control devices are visible and readily accessible.
- Padlockable service disconnect control switch
- Status indicators
- Two-position control circuit isolation switch disconnects utility power to the transfer switch controller.
- Load shed (Forced transfer from Emergency to OFF). (Customer-supplied signal [contact closure] is required for the forced transfer to OFF function.)